Our client is a not-for-profit organisation, which works in partnership with the engineering community to inform and inspire young people and grow the number and diversity of tomorrow’s engineers. They work locally, regionally and nationally with a wide range of organisations across business and industry, education, professional institutions and the third sector to understand the engineering sector and the skills it requires.
About the role
The Head of Environmental Sustainability will lead the implementation of the sub-strategy working closely with colleagues from across the whole organisation. As well as delivering agreed projects, there would be plenty of scope to refine the initial sub-strategy and identify new work associated with it.
The role reports into a member of the Executive Team (initially the CEO) and is based at the organisation’s London based offices with occasional travel in the UK, although all staff are currently working from home in line with government guidelines and we are likely to adopt a blend of home and office based work in the future.
• Build upon and implement the organisation’s ES sub-strategy and lead ongoing strategic development, this includes:
- Work closely with policy and research teams and the Royal Academy of Engineering to grow understanding of the engineering roles that will need to be filled to deliver ES in the UK
- Build understanding of how to effectively engage young people (particularly those from groups under-represented in engineering) with the role engineers play in ES to interest them in a career in engineering
- Conduct or commission relevant evaluations, research and evidence reviews, as appropriate, working closely with the research team
- Monitor ES content across programmes seeking to increase it where appropriate and ensuring that an evidence-based and impact-oriented approach is taken
• Extensive knowledge of environmental issues and how organisations should respond to them, likely to have been gained from academic of professional qualifications or substantial experience
• Essential experience and attributes
• A commitment to and expertise and experience in improving ES
• Proven experience of developing a multi-stranded programme of work and managing its delivery
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate and influence others including those outside of own team
• Confident communicator with the gravitas to work at senior levels
Please send a CV and statement in support of your application that is no longer than two sides and explain how you fulfil the key criteria for the role by email to Jake Garner at Candover Green, quoting the job title in the subject of your email.
The deadline for applications is before 12:00 noon on Friday 18th June 2021